It's because one needs two bows -- one on each side -- to make the bowed shape at the front of a ship. My subjective impression, however, is that the plural form is on its way out.
Forums Trainer Courses. LEO: Additional information.
ANTIHELD »Goldener Schuss« enters German album charts on #63!
Print PDF. You need to be logged in to start a new thread. Registration and participation are free! Ask the LEO community.
To continue, please check the box below:
Turns out Germans say this too! Go ahead and use Hi when speaking with young people or in informal settings. Use dir when speaking to someone young or someone you know very well. Ihnen is the appropriate formal address for a stranger, especially someone older, and people in positions of authority.
- Taming the rockets: From wrath to research?
- Win or Go Home (Dr. Rick Parker, Bountyhunter Book 1);
- The ultimate glossary of German idioms and their English translations.
Similar to Wie geht es dir, but more casual. Perfect for your classmates and friends, potentially not cool with your new boss or super-strict professor. This one can be a bit confusing.
Kette und Schuss | German to English | Architecture
Again, fine to use with young people in casual conversation. However, what you have to remember about Was ist los?
Was ist denn los? This is also a southern greeting , which can be used as a goodbye as well. Obviously, it comes from Italy where it is both a greeting and a goodbye , but people tend to use Ciao as a way of saying bye in many European countries.
As mentioned above, this is pretty old-fashioned, and definitely not your typical German goodbye. Peer comments on this answer and responses from the answerer. Return to KudoZ list. You have native languages that can be verified You can request verification for native languages by completing a simple application that takes only a couple of minutes.
View applications. Close and don't show again Close. Close search. Term search Jobs Translators Clients Forums.
- Billy Budd, Sailor, and Other Stories.
- English Translation of “in Schuss sein/kommen” | Collins German-English Dictionary;
- I sogni dei bambini (Parole) (Italian Edition);
- Twelve Years a Slave – Enhanced Edition by Dr. Sue Eakin Based on a Lifetime Project. New Info, Images, Maps!
- Seven drinks to warm up at Christmas markets - The Local.
- Andrew the Glad (TREDITION CLASSICS)!
Term search All of ProZ. German term or phrase:. Kette und Schuss. German term or phrase: Kette und Schuss.